We aren’t a family that is not about gifts but we did want to take a few hours away from the Christmas day to celebrate Jesus’ birth.
Here are some ideas on what you can do to celebrate a party in honor of Jesus.
- 1. Sing Happy Birthday Jesus and have a balloon release. Balloons are at other parties why not at the Kings?
- 2. Make Pizzas! Pizza is the most popular party food. Making Pizza can have many topings.
- 3. Use recycled wrapping paper, gift wrap, and boxes to make the armor that we wear daily. This would be a great way to show the sandals of peace, the belt of truth, the breast plate of righteousness, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit. My kids had a blast doing this. The adults did too.
- 4. Act out the nativity scene
- 5. Light candles and sing Christmas Carols.
- 6. Take a song and then rewrite the words to make it a Christmas song. We had fun rappin’ out the lyrics of a Christmas story to the “Fresh Prince of Belair”.
- 8. Eat cake
- 9. Decorate religious themed cookies!
- 10. Enjoy each other and realize that we each are a gift from God. Serve someone else. Enjoy the company of others. Love like Jesus loves us.